Progresso: How to set up Progresso integration
If you would like SchoolCloud Room Booking to integrate with Progresso, this article takes you through the steps to set this up - either as part of the initial set up of Room Booking, or using a system that's already up and running.
Why Integrate with Progresso
Progresso integration allows you to automatically sync the complete timetable, rooms & term dates automatically every day in the early hours of the morning.
How to set up integration
To set up the integration please follow the steps below.
- Access Progresso and go to System > API Licences and grant us (School Cloud Systems) view only access.
When asked to specify the access areas please choose the following:
- Employee Contact Relationship
- Learner Contact Relationship
- Learner Group
- Learner Subject
- Master Data
- Send us your Progresso School ID.
- We will then set up the sync and email you to confirm, at which point you can continue to follow this article.
Match Room/Timeslots (Existing Customers Only)
Note: If you are setting up a new system you can ignore this section and continue to What's Next?
When setting up the integration for an existing system you now need to match the timeslots and rooms that have come across from Progresso to those already set up on Room Booking:
- Login to Room Booking as an administrator - or if logged in already, click the Home tab at the top.
Follow the on screen instructions to match up the rooms and timeslots that have been extracted from Progresso (in the drop down boxes) to those already on your Room Booking.
If the on screen instructions don’t show, ensure that your initial sync completed correctly and that (under Manage Admins) your administrator account has permission to access System Settings.Please ensure that you match this information accurately, as matching Rooms and Timeslots allows us to correctly sync timetable information into existing rooms in Room Booking.If any bookings previously made on Room Booking clash with the timetabled information received from the sync then those bookings will be removed and the user associated with the booking will be emailed to advise them of this.
Existing bookings which do not clash with timetable information from the sync remain on the system.
- Once you have matched the rooms and timeslots the main administrator panel will appear, with the message below.Any rooms from Progresso that have not been matched will be automatically created in Room Booking under Manage Resources in the resource category of 'Unassigned'.
This category is hidden from administrators & users when making bookings and does not count against your licence limits.If you would like the rooms to be made bookable see What's Next below.
- Let us know once you have matched the rooms and timeslots and we will run an up to date sync for you to ensure all details are updated on your system.
Your set up of Progresso integration for SchoolCloud Room Booking is now complete! An automatic sync from Progresso will run daily for you. Here are some extra steps you may need to take:
- If you are setting up your system for the first time you will need to assign categories to any rooms that you would like to be made bookable. How do I set up my rooms and make them bookable?
- As long as your rooms have categories assigned you can check your timetable is showing correctly by going to the Calendar tab and viewing the timetable information for each room. The timetable information will be displayed in yellow.
- If you are setting your system up for the first time you can now continue to to set up your users. Please see Users: How to add users to your system or How to Set Up Single Sign-On (SSO).