Firefly: Setting up user authentication
In order to use Firefly logins, you need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Your provided Firefly URL can be accessed via port 443 by our servers. We do not allow unencrypted login transactions.
- Users need to have the "Set a task" ability set on their account in Firefly.
If there is a common format to the usernames please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
If the usernames do not follow a common format then export the user list (using System Settings > Export Data > Download Users), amend the usernames in the resulting spreadsheet and send the file to the same address.
- Log into the Room Booking System and navigate to the System Settings > Authentication > Firefly Single Sign-on page.
- Turn on the Firefly SSO Enabled option. You can use this to toggle the authentication method as a whole. When disabled, no users will be able to log in.
- You may wish to enable the Automatically Create New Users option. When enabled, new users who have successfully authenticated with Firefly will have an account created for them on the Room Booking System.
- Fill in the Firefly URL.
- Click Update System Settings to save your changes.
If you run into any problems with logins please have a look at the Firefly: User's bookings not showing as expected help article.
If you'd like to see how the login experience works, check the Firefly: Overview of the user login guide.