Pending Bookings: How a Resource Owner activates or rejects a pending booking
Rooms or resources which have been set up to have bookings added as pending need to have those bookings activated or rejected (deleted). This article explains how a Resource Owner does this.
To set up a user as the owner of a resource or room, please follow this guide: How to make a user a Resource owner.
To set a resource/room to have bookings added as pending see this guide: Pending Bookings: How to make bookings require confirmation by a nominated user
Note: Bookings can also be activated by Administrators. See How does an Administrator activate pending bookings? for more details.
Activating Pending Bookings as a Resource Owner
A Resource Owner can activate any bookings that have been made for the resources they own (i.e. which appear on their User Record under Your Resources) - as long as they have been given permission to do so in User Permissions.
- When a Resource Owner logs into their User account they see a note at the top of the Calendar advising them that they have pending bookings to authorise.
- They can either click on the link or go to Bookings > Your Resources.
- Bookings needing approval have a checkbox in the Activate column. Check this box (or click Check All underneath the list of bookings if you would like to activate all outstanding bookings).
- Click Activate Bookings
- If Email Notifications have been set up the user will receive an email advising the booking is now confirmed.
- To turn down a pending booking click on the red cross that appears when you hover your mouse over the booking.
- The Confirm Booking Delete screen has a box in which a reason for deleting the booking can be entered. This is sent in an email to the user that made the pending booking.
- Click on Delete Booking.