The ability to add holidays into your system will be available if your timetable runs on a one week basis. Once entered the dates added will appear as holidays on your SchoolCloud Roombooking calendar and be unavailable to book by users, unless you have given them the access to do so (see this guide).
Note: If your timetable runs on any other schedule rather then a one week basis please see this guide instead.
To add holidays into the system follow the steps below:
- Log into SchoolCloud RoomBooking as an Admin and from the navigation bar at the left of the screen select Timetable > Holidays.
- Under the Add New Holidays section add the relevant details:
Start Date: Date the holiday begins.
End Date : Date the holiday ends.
Holiday Description : Description of holiday, the description will be displayed on the calendar to users.
Click Add New Holiday
- Holidays entered will show under the Manage Existing Holidays section.The description on the the holiday will show to users when they make a booking and they will not be able to book unless you have set this option under Timetable Options.
If you would like them to be able to book during holidays see this guide.
Admins can always add bookings during holidays.
- To delete a holiday as an Admin from the bar at the left of the screen select Timetable > Holidays.
NOTE: If your timetable is synced from a school management system and the holiday was added to the system from a sync the holiday will be added back onto Room Booking when the next sync runs if this is still set up on your school management system.
- Under the Manage Existing Holidays section click the cross at the end of the relevant entry.Click Delete Holiday to remove or Cancel if you do not want to remove.