Resources: How to set up "hidden" rooms that are bookable only by certain users
To make a room "secret" and viewable/bookable only by a certain group of users follow the steps below:
1. Create a group (or edit an existing one) so that it contains the users you want to grant access to via Users > User Groups.
2. Set user permissions to hide the room from most users and make it accessible to your new group. This step assumes that you have already set up at least the Everyone user permissions, if not please see Setting up User Permissions:
- Go to Users > User Permissions and in the choose a permission to display dropdown select Everyone
- Scroll down to Booking Limit per Resource (click to expand) and click the + sign, then find the room you want to hide, and set it to Not Bookable.
- Click the Save Changes button at the foot of the page.
At the top of the page, click on Add a New User Permission then choose to add permissions for a Group of Users.
Set the permissions as you wish them, making sure to scroll down to Booking Limit per Resource (click to expand) to find the room you hid for Everyone and set it to something other than Not Bookable, such as Default Limit.
Click the Save Changes button at the foot of the page.