Pending Bookings: How an Administrator activates pending bookings
Rooms or resources which have been set up to have bookings added as pending need to have those bookings activated before they are confirmed. This article explains how an Administrator does this.
To set a resource/room to have bookings added as pending see this guide: Pending Bookings: How to make bookings require confirmation by a nominated user
Note: Bookings can also be activated by Resource Owners. See How does a Resource Owner activate pending bookings. To set up a user as the owner of a resource or room, please follow this guide: How to make a user a Resource owner.
Activating Bookings as an Administrator
As an Administrator you can activate any bookings that have been added as pending.
- From the Administrator Homepage select Bookings > Pending Bookings.
Bookings needing approval have a checkbox in the Activate column. Click in this box, or click Check All if you would like to activate all outstanding bookings.
- Once the relevant bookings have been selected click on Activate Bookings.
- If Email Notifications have been set up the user will receive an email advising the booking is now confirmed. You can check if notifications are enabled from the Administrator Homepage by selecting System Settings > Email Notifications.
- If you would like to deny a pending booking click on the red cross that appears when you hover over the booking.
- The Confirm Booking Delete screen has a box in which a reason for deleting the booking can be entered. This is sent in an email to the user that made the pending booking.
- Click on Delete Booking.