SIMS: Creating a user account with the correct permissions
Note: This article should only be used if you are syncing your data from SIMS using the Room Booking System SIMS Client.
This article shows you how to set up a SIMS user account for the Room Booking System SIMS Client to use to connect to SIMS when it syncs your data.
- Open SIMS and navigate to Focus > System Manager > Manage Users.
- Click on New at the top of the screen.
- Enter the basic details for the user you are setting up then click Continue.
- In section 2 Login Details you will see the username and password that have just been created, if you want to amend the username you can this by editing the username field.
- In Section 3.Groups is where the user is given access to data in SIMS. The groups needed for the sync with the Room Booking System are:
Third Party Reporter Add the groups by clicking Add and selecting from the list that appears.
- Once the user looks correct click save and the account will be created.
You will now be able to add the user's details into the Room Booking System SIMS Client when you are setting up the SIMS integration.